Saturday 7 January 2012

My Top 20 of 2011: Part 1

Hello! Welcome again to the year's Top 20 round up. This is where I run down my top 20 songs of 2011 and, believe me, it was hard this year! There have been many songs that I've had to not include which I'm rather upset about but here is the result!
Now let's begin...


20. Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris - We Found Love
This song has been everywhere the past few months and as a big fan of Rihanna and a huge fan of Calvin Harris this one was always going to be a winner with me!
The award for the most epic movie-style music video of the year goes to...



19. White Lies - Bigger Than Us
I've loved White Lies for a good few years now, but this is the only single of their hat has touched a chord this year. And it's a big one. I love its uplifting chorus and the video has got to be one of the best of the year...
Award for most bizarre video goes to...


18. Olly Murs feat. Rizzle Kicks
This has got to be one of the fastest growing songs of the year for me. I fell in love with it instantly: its urban reggae feel and its cheeky edge. 
Award for most stereotypically urban video...


17. Birdy - Shelter
This song is beautiful. Not only is it a cover of the gorgeous The xx song but Birdy puts her own haunting spin on this song making it a classic that can be played over and over and never lose its beauty.
Award for most ethereally beautiful video...


16. The Wanted - Glad You Came
This song was pretty much the soundtrack of my Summer. It has a fantastic ibiza vibe and I couldn't get enough of it!
The best summer holiday video ever...


15. The xx - Infinity (Flufftronix Remix)
If 2011 has taught me anything its that The xx are one of the best bands to remix. And this one is no exception. Love, love, love.
The award for letting the music speak for itself...


14. Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar
I'm sure this track has made it into many a top 20 of the year. This song was literally everywhere for the majority of the year and its one heck of a catchy song!
Award for the most blue video made...


13. Calvin Harris feat. Kelis - Bounce
Bounce. Oh my goodness this song was stuck in my head for months! Its funny because when I heard this for the first time I couldn't imagine a bigger and better Calvin Harris tune. Little did I know that he would crack another one out soon after and it would make its way into my top 3! It sort of got overshadowed but Bounce still has a place in my heart and will always remind me of a great summer. 
Award for the best journey taken...


12. Rizzle Kicks - Down With The Trumpets
Rizzle Kicks were an instant hit in my house. It has the feel of a classic Dizzee Rascal and the honest British lyrics of Tinie Tempah. Mixed with those epic trumpets and the cheeky chappy youths of the Kicks this one was a winner and a half!
Award for the coolest street video...


11. The Naked And Famous - Punching In A Dream
The Naked And Famous were in the sound of 2011 poll last year and they definitely made an impact on me for the first half of the year. Punching in a dream has a lovely ethereal, powerful quality and it packs a punch (all puns intended)!
Award for the quirkiest video...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...