Wednesday 4 January 2012

The Informant!

UK Release: 20th November 2009
Watched on Orange Film To Go: Saturday 31st December 2011
Rating: 15
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Thriller
Runtime: 1hr 48mins
Tagline: Based on a tattle-tale

IMDb Plot Synopsis: Mark Whitacre has worked for lysine developing company ADM for many years and has even found his way into upper management. But nothing has prepared him for the job he is about to undertake - being a spy for the FBI. Unwillingly pressured into working as an informant against the illegal price-fixing activities of his company, Whitacre gradually adopts the idea that he's a true secret agent. But as his incessant lies keep piling up, his world begins crashing down around him.

My Review: To be honest I’m not overly enthused about writing this review. I found it hard to connect with this film, and so found it not only very confusing at first but also... a bit dull. It was purely Matt Damon’s screen presence that kept me going and I’m glad I did as I found some sort of satisfaction of finally tracking what had gone on but it was still bit off for me.
It had an odd severe tone to it and as Damon’s character was so hard to like, and him being the main - and quite frankly the only fully fleshed - character, I just wasn’t very interested or invested enough in the film to enjoy it. 
So while the concept of the film was intriguing enough for me to download it I found it a film that was hard to like. Unfortunately I can think of many films I’d rather recommend than this one but if you are interested in mystery, crime thrillers that do get better by the end than this one then go right ahead...
Score: 4.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...