Sunday 1 January 2012

December: Top 20 (Part 2)

Happy New Year! I hope you've had a lovely 2012 so far, but today I'm going to look back at the last month to conclude December's Top 20! Below you'll find my top 10 songs from the last month and within the next week or so I'll be posting my Top 20 songs from the entire 2011 as well as taking a look at some films that I'm looking forward to this year...


10. Joker (feat. William Cartwright) - On My Mind
This is one heck of a catchy track with a delicious heavy beat that has got me hooked this month. The guy's got charisma and I'm sure this is just the beginning for Joker.
Sci-Fi moves



9. Ryan Adams - Wonderwall
I discovered this gorgeous song at the beginning of the month whilst watching the amazing OC. This song was played during a beautiful moment between Seth and Summer and it sums up their characters perfectly. But even without The OC, it is a mesmerising song that isn't just a cover of the iconic Oasis song but Adams' own take on it: raw, touching and emotional.
Today is gonna be the day...


8. Lloyd (feat. Andre 3000 and Lil Wayne) - Dedication To My Ex (Miss That)
This one crept up on me a little but this infectious feel-good tune has made an impact on the nation. I love its ironic take on a break up song and you can't help but dancing to its retro vibes...
Old-School antics


7. Labrinth (feat. Tinie Tempah) - Earthquake
Earthquake's been banging around for a while now and its still going strong in my book. Tinie Tempah may add a little extra but it's Labrinth that powers through and I'm sure we'll be hearing more from him this year...
Labrinth... Come In


6. Flux Pavilion & Doctor P - Superbad 
This is one strong dance track and has been the soundtrack to many a washing up this month. Is it dubstep? Who cares: you just can't help but love it! 
Comic book adventures


5. Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
There had to be a Christmas tune in here somewhere - it was December after all - and this has to be one of my absolute favourites. It definitly helped me get in the mood this year!
Paul throws a house party


4. Phantom Planet - California
The theme tune to The OC, my new favourite TV show, it is a classic. And is warming up the winter nights for me...
Tour Nostalgia


3. Alex Day - Forever Yours
Alex Day, aka Nerimon off of YouTube, had a quest to get this song to the Christmas Number One and fair play to him he managed Number 4 after some heady competition. But no matter what chart placement it got it was still a brilliant fun song that had clever lyrics and a feel-good tune to it...
Alex and Charlie fight off the Zombies!


2. AWOLNATION - Sail
This is one powerful track, with one of the strongest and catchiest beats this month, it has been permanently stuck in my head this month. I hope the band who are making splashes in the US head over here soon as from what I've heard it would be fantastic if the UK got to know them too. Plus it never fails to make me smile!
When dancing in the rain goes wrong. Very wrong...


1. The Wanted - Warzone
I love this song. Plain and simple. It may be a guilty pleasure but I can't help but be enchanted by this ballad-with-an-edge...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...