Monday 30 January 2012

January: Top 20 (Part 1)

Welcome to the first Top 20 of 2012! This is where I run down my Top 20 songs of the past month. Tomorrow, in part 2, my number one song will be revealed but for now here is 20-11...

20. Snow Patrol - In The End
I'm lucky enough to be going to see Snow Patrol play in the O2 in two weeks and I absolutely can't wait! And so, in preparation for the concert, I've been listening to Fallen Empires and In The End is their most recent single that has been released and it is pretty darn gorgeous!
Dancing on a 1920's theatre :)

19. The Vaccines - If You Wanna
For about a week this month I was completely obsessed with The Vaccines music and If You Wanna was my favourite of them all. I loved their infectious retro style and energy and has helped sweep away some of the winter blues.
Coloured Playing

18. Coldplay - Paradise
This song has been around forever and was first featured here on Enthralled last summer. And yet it is still clinging on in the charts and the nation's hearts. I still adore it.
Elephant escapes!


17. Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
I love the melancholy urgency to Lana's music and Born To Die is the most catchy one of hers I've heard so far. I'm sure she'll only grow in popularity in 2012!
Tigers in a cathedral


16. Taio Cruz - Troublemaker
A bit of a guilty pleasure this one, as it may not be as 'credible' as some of the other songs here but it's ridiculously catchy and upbeat all the same.
Slow-motion car crash


15. Rihanna - You Da One
Rihanna keeps the hits coming and You Da One, whilst not as big as, say, We Found Love, is still a decent pop record that you ca't help but dance to when it comes up on the radio.
black and white affair

14. David Guetta (feat. Sia) - Titanium
This song works thanks to the fantastic Sia and her lovely, lovely voice. She brings a touch of class to the proceedings and it's a shame this wasn't played more.
superpowers on the run

13. Coldplay - Charlie Brown
As much as I love Paradise I can't keep listening to it forever and thus Coldplay's new single Charlie Brown fills this need! 
Festival magic


12. Lloyd (feat. Andre 3000 and Lil Wayne) - Dedicated to My Ex (Miss That)
Still going strong on the radio it's hard to avoid to this one and when you need a pick-me-up this definitly helps! I love its old-school feel, akin to Outkast or Sean Kingston.
50s suave

11. Sub Focus (feat. Kenzie May) - Falling Down
Sub Focus are the masters of dance music and they've done it again with Falling Down. Love, love, love.
Festival Fever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...