Tuesday 31 January 2012

January: Top 20 (Part 2)

Hello and welcome to Part 2 of January's Top 20 where I will reveal my number one song of the past month! Read on to find out...


10. Rizzle Kicks - Mama Do The Hump
What can I say, this is the catchiest song so far this year - it literally goes round and round in your head. Rizzle Kicks have proved themselves as more than a one hit wonder and I hope they continue to storm it in 2012!
Party round your mum's



9. The Maccabees - Pelican
The Maccabees are the quintessential indie band and Pelican a great uplifting song that's perfect for Spring.


8. Twin Atlantic - Free
I adore the balls-y energy of this song and it has a fantastic emo/indie feel that I can't help but love. 
A manic gig


7. Redlight - Get Out My Head
Not only is this a great dance song but it has an excellent 90' trance underscore that has cemented it further in my affections. Try getting this out of your head!
Carnival Antics


6. Avicii - Levels
The 'good feeling' trend begun, for me, with this song and, thanks to the awesome video, has left it lingering in the mind further this month. Not only does it put a smile on your face but it's a brilliant one to dance to too.
Dance Fever


5. Skrillex & The Doors - Breakin' A Swear
Skrillex. There has been a lot that has been said about Skrillex and is so-called 'mainstream dubstep' sound, but I don't really care about Skrillex: I only care about the music. And frankly this is one heck of a song that I just can't help but turn it up loud in the car and bounce my head to. There's no greater a feeling.
Hotel music


4. The Cinematic Orchestra - To Build A Home
This is a beautiful, beautiful song. I first heard this on the Another Earth trailer last year and it has stayed with me ever since. It has so much emotion in it and makes me itch to see the film even more!
Beauty


3. Swedish House Mafia vs Knife Party - Antidote
This is what fantastic dance music is in 2012. Full Stop. 
Dark Night


2. M83 - Midnight City
A long time ago, perhaps even a year ago, this was used as the Made In Chelsea theme song (a guilty pleasure of mine!) and it gave me goosebumps every time it played. Then, in December, I was prompted to listen and love the song in it's entirety. And now, amazingly, it has gone mainstream and it fills me with many a happy feeling every time I hear it on the radio!
On the run


1. Flo Rida - Good Feeling
Summed up by its title, this song gives everyone that hears it a good feeling. I don't know what I'd have done without this song this month as it has put a smile on my face on a cold January afternoon when I was tired, ill and... cold! And that is what music is all about!
The good life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...