Saturday 7 July 2012

Watch The Throne - Jay-Z & Kanye West

TUNE OF THE DAY #66
Today isn't just about one song but an album which I am completely obsessed with at the moment and is fast becoming my favourite of the year...
I didn't think Jay-Z and Kanye West were much to do with me. Sure I have Kanye West's Graduation album and I've enjoyed them both for a distance but it wasn't until recently (hearing Paris for the first time, then No Church in the Wild, then watching Jay-Z's set at Hackney Weekend on TV) that I've fallen hard for their collaborative album Watch The Throne. There's just a power and an energy behind it, as well as some deep emotion and I just can't get enough! 
The CD finally came in the post today through the flood waters (!) and I've been playing it non-stop ever since.
Particular favourites of mine are (other than Paris and No Church in the Wild of course) Otis, New Day, Gotta Have It, Welcome to the Jungle, Why I Love You and Lift Off. Which is pretty much all of them. And that's just my favourites. So yeah, slightly obsessed. But my favourite today has to be the following song 'Who Gon Stop Me' which I just adore and has been keeping me going through my eBay adventure this weekend! See you on the other side...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...