Thursday 18 August 2011

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

UK Release: 3rd April 1974
Watched on DVD: Tuesday 16th August 2011
Rating: 15
Genre: Adventure, Comedy
Runtime: 1hr 31mins
Tagline: Sets The Cinema Back 900 Years!
IMDb Plot Summary: King Arthur and his knights embark on a low-budget search for the Grail, encountering many very silly obstacles.

A Quick Review: I’d heard a few good things about Monty Python so was glad to get the chance at a friend’s house to see one of their films. It was... better than expected. The humour is very precise so if you don’t like mostly weird and immature jokes and sketches then it could get a little tedious. Some scenes lagged badly and I’m pretty sure I won’t want to see it again. It was good but not my cup of tea. It was a little too cheesy for me although it started off well as the titles were really funny. But too many of the scenes were cringe-worthy for me to say the film was good as a whole.
Unfortunately this may have put me off watching any of their other films, yet I wouldn’t pass them up if I get a chance.
I just won’t be seeking them out myself any time soon.
Score: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...