Monday 1 August 2011

July: Top 20 (Part 1)

Welcome to July's Top 20, where I list my top 20 songs of the past month in reverse order... Make sure to check out Part 2 tomorrow to find out what made my number one spot. 


20. Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend
This song only really came to my attention after seeing Radio 1's Greg James' spoof video, (which is brilliant by the way!) but I'm glad it did as it is quite a catchy song.
One Take Wonder Indeed

19. Skrillex - Ruffneck (Full Flex)
Fearne Cotton's record of the week is a blinder. Beautiful and intense all at the same time.


18. Calvin Harris feat. Kelis - Bounce
This ones still knocking around - it just hasn't got old yet.
Vegas Adventures


17. David Guetta feat. Taio Cruz & Ludacris - Little Bad Girl
David Guetta is the king of catchy dance pop songs. The beat, the melody... it all adds up to a club anthem that he gets right, time after time. Teaming up with the British Taio Cruz whose smooth tones add a touch of class to this new song. expect to hear this everywhere over the next few weeks. 
Club nights


16. Chase & Status feat. Tinie Tempah - Hitz
Two of my favourite artists making a fantastic song together: Hitz was never going to pass me by. And I'm still loving it... I think it's that intro...

15. All Time Low - Forget About It
This is one catchy beast of a song. I've liked most of All Time Low's songs in the past, but have never fully looked into their back catalogue. This song is tempting me to do so...

14. Templecloud - One Big Family
Still here again this month, One Big Family is a perfect summer song; laid-back and anthem-ic. It is a fantastic sing-a-long song.

13. Rizzle Kicks - Down With The Trumpets
Down With The Trumpets is a great uplifting summery tune, with a edgy reggae feel that is hard to resist.

12. Modestep - Sunlight
This video is just epic. Such a genius idea done so very, very well. And to top it off it's the video to an epic song as well. 

11. Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Close
Drumsound certainly know how to make a song that gets stuck in your head. And they've succeeded once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...