Monday 29 August 2011

August: Top 20 (Part 1)

Welcome again to August's Top 20 - where I count down my Top 20 songs from this last month. Part 2 will be coming shortly, so make sure to have a look at what made my number one of the month.


20. Bombay Bicycle Club - Shuffle
Since I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose, I've become a bit of a fan of Bombay Bicycle Club, keeping an eye on what they're up to. I haven't been too fussed with their recent stuff but Shuffle is... marvellous.
The life and times of... BBC



19. Nero - Crush on You
A remix of The Jets, Crush on You is a little more hardcore than previous singles, and better for it. Still catchy, still great. I can't get enough of them.
Looking forward to a video!


18. Wretch 32 (feat. Josh Kumra) - Don't Go
Wretch 32's traktor was fresh and exciting, Don't Go isn't particuarly. But if a song gets to number one then it gets played a ridiculous amount, thus it has grown on me as a moody ballard of sorts. 
Moody Slow-mo


17. Ed Sheeran - You Need Me, I Don't You
The A Team was arguably the biggest summer hit from a new artist, so many have been waiting with anticipation for his next single. And... its different. Better, I think. It has a great energy to it, a rawness that works well with Sheeran's voice. I like.
But... that's not Ed Sheeran!


16. Nero - Promises
Still going strong in my opinion Nero have a habit of creating impossibly catchy sons that remain in the soul for weeks. This is an example of this, and a number one too. Bravo.
The Future is White


15. Skrillex - Ruffneck (Full Flex)
Beginning as a great gentle dance song, it soon transforms into a magnificent dirty dubstep tune which the melody beautifully entwines. Excellent.
Are you ready for the ruffneck base


14. Snow Patrol - Called Out In The Dark
I've been a life long fan of Snow Patrol and I still regard Final Straw to be one of my favourite albums. Every single song is fantastic and that is a rarity these days. Thankfully they've done it again with another great song and an even better video which is sure to help the song along to success.
Jack Davenport off of Pirates of the Caribbean Invades the shoot!


13. Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventure of Rain Dance Maggie
A great new song from the mighty Chili's here. It has a little bit of a different edge to it - more mature maybe? - but they are definitely back on form.
Gigging in the sun and... a mustache?!


12. Drumsound & Bassline - Close
This song is beautiful. Drum and base with a great melody and beat. Can't beat that.
Boom


11. Erick Morillo & Eddie Thoneick (feat. Shawnee Taylor) - Stronger
This is a great empowering dance song, with a little of echo of DJ Fresh's Louder. I's got a soul and a great beat. Perfection.
Split Screen Travels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...