Friday 5 August 2011

Mean Girls

UK Release: 18th June 2004
Watched on DVD: Sunday 31st July 2011
Rating: 12A
Genre: Comedy, Drama
Runtime: 1hr 37mins
Tagline: Welcome to Girl World.
IMDb Plot Summary: Raised in African bush country by her zoologist parents, Cady Heron thinks she knows about survival of the fittest. But the law of the jungle takes on a whole new meaning when the home-schooled 16-year-old enters public high school for the first time and encounters psychological warfare and unwritten social rules that teenage girls face today.

My Review: Mean Girls is a classic of my generation. Every ten years or so a new teen film that completely reflects and resonates with each teenage generation is released. This is mine. One of the most recents is Easy A, which I hope to see soon. Mean Girls, however, is one of the most quoted film I know with friends and acquaintances around my age often throwing them around or even across the internet as fantastic memes (I am particuarly loving the Harry Potter ones at the moment!). 
It is hilarious. It is also packed with emotion and relatable circumstances making it a must-see. My brother joined me in watching on Sunday evening and he loved it too, proving that it easily spans the genders. In fact he said that he liked it even more than Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the RIng which if you’ve seen my review a couple of days ago will know, he is a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings so that is high praise indeed!
So whatever age you are and whatever gender you are - you can’t go far wrong with the brilliantly funny Mean Girls. 
Score: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...