Monday 30 July 2012

July: Top 20 (Part 2)

Welcome back to July 2012's Top 20! In Part 2 I shall be running down from 10-1, so we get to find out what I consider to be the best few songs from this past month. Enjoy!
10. Jay-Z & Kanye West - Who Gon Stop Me
The aggression and energy in this track is just soooo good! I just can't get enough of it!
in your face

9. Calvin Harris (feat. Example) - We'll Be Coming Back
Calvin Harris AND Example?! Together?! Genius.
complex crime story

8. Katy Perry - Wide Awake
Katy Perry has evolved from controversial teen star to a much more grown-up interesting character with songs such as this with a huge amount of emotion. This is just beautiful...
gothis maze

7. Two Door Cinema Club - Sleep Alone
Randomly I downloaded this song for free about a week ago and ever since it has found itself on repeat. It's just so catchy! And thankfully just as good as their brilliant first album which I adore.
legs

6. Drumsound & Bassline Smith (feat. Tom Cane) - Through The Night
This has been hard to get away from and I'm glad as it is a great dance anthem to turn up in the car and float away. Love it.
fragments

5. Jay-Z & Kanye West (feat. Frank Ocean) - No Church in the Wild
Yep. This is still in my Top 20 and this month has even gone up to number 5 thanks to my purchasing (finally!) of the Watch The Throne album. Seriously though, this is one of my songs of the yeah.
slow-mo mob

4. Lana Del Rey - National Anthem
Lana, Lana, Lana. She is my artist of the year. And I finally bought her album last week which I can't wait to get soon! Her videos never fail to astonish me and are as beautiful as her music...
60s revolution

3. Major Lazer (Feat. Amber Coffman) - Get Free (Andy C Remix)
There's not much to say about this song other than LISTEN to it and TURN IT UP!!
yellow

2. Florence & The Machine - Spectrum (Say My Name) (Calvin Harris Mix)
My favourite Calvin Harris, teaming up with national treasure Florence & The Machine to finally secure her a number one. It was obviously going to be one heck of a tune and it really, really is...
patterns

1.  Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness
This song is so beautiful it gives me goosebumps. It may not be the happiest summer tune but is perfect for those lulls in between when you just want to be still and listen. And that video...
lovers angst

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...