Saturday 31 March 2012

March: Top 20 (Part 1)

Welcome to March 2012's music Top 20, which is where I run through the top 20 songs I adored this month. Today we look at songs 20-11, so make sure to check back to find out my number one song of the month! Last Sunday I was lucky enough to get my hands on a ticket for Radio 1 Hackney Weekend! I got a ticket for the Sunday which means I get to see Rihanna headline among others! Therefore I have been rather excited about music the past few weeks and there has been a lot of new releases to get behind, the first batch of which we will begin with...


20. DJ Fresh (feat. Rita Ora) - Hot Right Now
This song was pretty hot this last month and was played incessantly on the radio so there was no escaping it! Upbeat and fun, it put a smile on my face which is all I really want from a good tune!
sunny moves

19. Stooshe (feat. Travie McCoy) - Love Me
I have to admit this song irritated me after a while but before that I fell for its catchy charms and cheeky attitude. It helped boosted my energy at my lazier periods, and I'd be interested in what Stooshe come up with next - and if it's any good or not...
Wonderland House


18. Marina & the Diamonds - Primadonna
Marina kind of disappeared for a while and her 'comeback' may not have been as impactful as expected but Primadonna is definitely my favourite of her most recent output. It a strong beat and you can't help but sing a long!
Vintage Locks


17. Nero - Innocence
As I said last month I was first addicted to this song many years ago now but I've been enjoying its recent re-release on the radio. It will always be the song that got be hooked on Nero and respect them for who they are today. It is just pure dubstep perfection...
anime magic


16. Labrinth - Last Time
Labrinth's teaming up with Tinie Tempah a couple of years ago brought him to my attention. His singles Let the Sun Shine and Earthquake were both firm favourites of mine and while Last Time hasn't quite reached those heights it is still a fun and catchy song that makes driving in the sun that little more fun.
alien tales


15. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
This song is ridiculously catchy and is heading for big things! It is a great infectious pop song that you can't help sing along to. I never hesitate to turn it up in the car as you can't help but smile as it puts you in the mood for summer!
car wash


14. David Guetta (feat. Sia) - Titanium
This is one powerhouse of a song that has lingered on well into March. Guetta continues to shine and can seemingly do no wrong as he goes from one hit to another. This one is a little different to his usual stuff mainly due to Sia who adds that extra bit of sparkle, giving you a shiver down your spine...
cycle power


13. Gotye (feat. Kimbra) - Somebody That I Used To Know
This song was everywhere at the start of the month and I, like millions of others, fell head over heels for this gorgeous tune. It has a unique indie feel as well as being perfect for radio as it builds to the perfect emotional climax. It has an intensity and a fantastic honesty behind it as it looks at the feelings we all have at some point. Beautiful.
Pure art


12. Niki & The Dove - DJ, Ease My Mind
Wow. That is what I thought when I first heard this song. This song is definitely one of the finds of the month as it has the most impact and energy behind it. The drums are addictive and I've spent many a late night dancing to this gem of a song...
Night-time drums


11. Taylor Swift (feat. The Civil Wars) - Safe & Sound
As a huge fan of The Hunger Games this song was never going to pass me by. It is just stunning and perfectly captures the emotions behind the film. It brought me to tears the first time I heard it and still gives me goose bumps...
Wooden Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...