Monday 1 October 2012

September: Top 20 (Part 1)

Welcome to this month's Top 20 where I run down my 20 favourite songs from September. There's been a lot of great music floating around recently, thankfully! August was a major dry spell but at last some new and fresh tunes have emerged! Come back tomorrow to find out my number one, but for now let's take a look at numbers 20 to 11...

20. Professor Green (feat. Sierra Kusterbeck) - Avalon
I've grown to really like Pro Green after seeing him live this Summer and this one has a more anthem-ic edge that I can really get behind. Also Kusterbeck reminds me of the singer behind Pocket Full of Sunshine from Easy A and I love that!
church atmosphere


19. Madeon - The City
Madeon may not be as well known as some of the other great dance artists but he deserves every bit of attention he gets. This one is on repeat in my house.
paint fight

18. Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You
I'm a sucker for a catchy melody and this definitely has one! I've been hearing this all over Radio 1 this past month and so couldn't get away from it really could I?!
classic Ne-Yo vid

17. Calvin Harris (feat. Florence Welch) - Sweet Nothing
After the huge success of Florence & The Machine's Say My Name remixed by Calvin Harris it was no surprise to hear that the pair had teamed up again this time for Calvin Harris' new single. It's no secret that I adore Mr Harris and so I'm sure Sweet Nothing will only grow in my affections this season.
man, you make me feel like a woman

16. David Guetta (feat. Sia) - She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)
If anyone has the formula for a catchy hit single it must be David Guetta. I can't remember a song of his that hasn't got stuck in my head at one time or another. And he's done it again...
wolf

15. Dr Meaker - Fighter
I stumbled across this one a couple of weeks ago and what a find! The drop a minute or so in gives me goosebumps. I could listen to it over and over (and have!)...
1:05

14. Conor Maynard (feat. Ne-Yo) - Turn Around
Conor Maynard has certainly been doing well for himself lately. Every time I turn my back he's gone and released another single and this one is a definite improvement from Vegas Girl which got awfully annoying after the third listen. Ne-Yo's influence has helped to turn his Bieber wannabe sound into something more sophisticated and I like it!
flying phonebox

13. Alt-J - Something Good
Alt-J kind of snuck up on me and here's another of his songs that has made an impression on me. It's just so smooth and each time I listen I feel a little different about it. It's hard to work out and that's wonderfully refreshing.
splattered rose

12. Knife Party - Centipede
I absolutely loved Bonfire and so it's unfortunate that Centipede didn't have quite the same affect. But it's still Knife Party and I can't resist a bit of good dubstep!

11. Mosca (feat. Katy B) - What You Came For
This song has blown me away the past few weeks. I just can't get enough of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...