Friday 28 September 2012

Crimes of Fashion

US (ABC TV) Release: 25th July 2004
Watched online: Tuesday 18th September 2012
Rating: PG
Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 1hr 30mins
IMDb Plot Synopsis: Brooke, a plain but creative and hard-working student at the top fashion school in the nation, who has come a long way from her tough childhood spent going from one foster home to another as an orphan. She has always dreamed of becoming a fashion designer, and is thrilled to finally be on her way. But, when the grandfather she never knew about passes away, her life is suddenly turned upside down. Not only has he left her his estate, but he's left her in charge of the family business, as mob boss to one of the top crime syndicates that has been trying to go legit. If that isn't enough, the handsome new student she's falling for is actually an undercover FBI agent aiming to get dirt on her to bring down the family empire.

My Review: I was in one of those moods where the only thing that would cheer me up from feeling so ill was the most childhood/nostalgic/fairytale movie I could find that I hadn’t already seen. And after spotting this one starring Meg Ryan and Kaley Cuoco (from Big Bang Theory, 8 Simple Rules etc) I got curious. 
It looked like the most cheesy, cliched and yet funny and heart-warming film I could find and I wasn’t wrong. What we have with Crimes of Fashion is (one of my childhood favourites) The Princess Diaries but starring crime ‘royalty’ rather than fictional european country ‘royalty’. And while it is nowhere near as good as Princess Diaries the parallels are enough to keep me entertained for an hour and a half. 
Thankfully it’s short as I couldn’t have watched much more. The acting was pretty terrible, there was zero originality and yet it did it’s job! And was surprisingly more sweet than sour...

Score: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...