Tuesday 2 October 2012

September: Top 20 (Part 2)

Hello again and welcome to Part 2 of September 2012's Top 20. Read on to find out what made number one this month...

10. Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen
This comeback single for Ellie is a nice little change to her more indie/pop style she kind of had going on a few years ago. This song has impact and is an intriguing new direction...
waves

9. fun. - Some Nights
I didn't think fun. could get any catchier than We Are Young but they've somehow done it again. Some Nights isn't the normal cliche pop song - it made me think, and I liked that a lot.
War


8. You Me At Six - No One Does It Better
I heard this so many times the past few weeks at the moment of waking that it well and truly seeped into my subconscious. It harks back to my more indie/emo/rock loving days and has inspired me to dip back into that pool once in a while...
slow motion america


7. DJ Fresh - The Feeling
I didn't want to like this song at first but in the end... well it grew on me! I love the beat, the different layers and, well, the uplifting feeling it gives me.
Japan


6. Otto Knows - Million Voices
It took me ages to find this song! But it was worth it as it's just so addictive!
ah ah ah ah ah


5. Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
I never really liked Taylor Swift, but then again I could say the same of Justin Bieber and yet his song was in my Top 20 last month. Things are a-changing and this was 100% my guilty pleasure this month! I just love her attitude in this song and it's fun to sing-a-long to in the car!
one take wonder


4. PSY - Gangnam Style
What can I say about the phenomenon that is gangnam style. Almost 350 million views on youtube and currently number one in the UK it doesn't look like it's going to go away any time soon. It kind of reminds me of LMFAO last year. It's a bit of a communal laugh and we definitely need that as we head into the depths of winter. And if you haven't seen the video...
wtf did i just watch?!


3. Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait
I just adore this. It's been everywhere this month and I am right on board with it. *hits repeat button*
red rocks


2. The XX - Angels
This brought tears to my eyes one rainy afternoon. The XX just have this affect on me and I hope it continues as it's beautiful.

1. TNGHT - Higher Ground
I am in love with this song so bad. Whenever I've felt down I whack this on and I'm up and raring to go! Wow, wow, wow.
night beads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...