Friday 7 September 2012

August: Top 20 (Part 1)

Welcome to August 2012's Top 20! This signals the end of Summer before we descend into Winter when we get those last minute musical gems! Make sure to check back in tomorrow to find out my number one tune from August! But for now here's 20-11...

20. Of Monsters And Men - Little Talks
The first time I heard this I got swept away by the Arcade Fire vibes coming off of this song. But while that's still there after listening a few more times it also has a great quirky thing of it's own going on that's incredibly catchy...
adventures




19. Cedric Gervais - Molly
This song immediately stands out with it's automated 'google lady' voice and it's a bit of fun the first few plays. But without that novelty it is just another cliche dance tune.
club banter

18. Coldplay - Don't Panic
Proving that Coldplay have always made fantastic tunes I revisited this classic song at the start of the month.
water cycle

17. Aiden Grimshaw - Curtain Call
I didn't know what to expect from an X Factor reject, but Aiden Grimshaw completely surprised me by releasing something actually rather beautiful. The chorus blew me away and is perfect for turning up to in the car. I look forward to what he does next...
london driving

16. The Script (feat. Will.I.Am) - Hall of Fame
I've only been listening to this the past week but I've liked it so much that it had to make an appearance here. I didn't even notice will.i.am on the track until watching the video as this is wholeheartedly a Script song - better than ever!
boxer/ballerina

15. The xx - Chained
The xx = quality, quality music. And this is no exception.
art

14. Two Door Cinema Club - Sleep Alone
This has been everywhere recently and ever since getting it a couple months ago it's been playing around and around in my head. After being obsessed with the first album it sounds like I'm going to have to get my hands on the second pretty soon!
dark nights

13. Justin Bieber (feat. Big Sean) - As Long As You Love Me
Yeah, alright, alright. It's Justin Bieber, the epitome of uncool. But this has been somewhat of a guilty pleasure and I'm not ashamed to admit it. There's something about it... 
dramatic love story

12.  Simple Plan (feat. Sean Paul) - Summer Paradise
It would seem that this song had found it's way until my subconscious. I don't know how it got there but I'm sure it has something to do with the catchy melody and incessant radio playing.
beach fun

11. Florence & The Machine - Spectrum (Say My Name) (Calvin Harris Mix)
This song isn't going anywhere fast! In my opinion this should have been the Olympics song and it will always be so in my heart. It is just so uplifting and addictive to listen to. But then that's pretty much every Calvin Harris song!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...