Wednesday 19 September 2012

21 Jump Street

UK Release: 16th March 2012
Watched on DVD: Wednesday 5th September2012
Rating: 15
Genre: Action, Comedy Crime
Runtime: 1hr 49mins
Tagline: They thought the streets were mean. Then they went back to high school.
IMDb Plot Synopsis: In high school, Schmidt (Jonah Hill) was a dork and Jenko (Channing Tatum) was the popular jock. After graduation, both of them joined the police force and ended up as partners riding bicycles in the city park. Since they are young and look like high school students, they are assigned to an undercover unit to infiltrate a drug ring that is supplying high school students synthetic drugs. 

My Review: I’d been dying to see this after seeing the hilarious trailers on TV at the start of the year and so I finally cracked and bought the DVD as an A-Level results celebration treat for myself. I’ve watched the movie twice since, and laughed just as hard the second time as I did the first. 
Having never seen the original TV series, I didn’t know much about the plot other than the clips I’d seen being very funny and having the gorgeous Channing Tatum as one of the leads. But while he finally shows off a more comedic side to him (and excellently so I may say!) it was Jonah Hill who blew me away. I hadn’t found him that funny before in films such as Superbad, but he really hit the nail on the head in this one and I was in hysterics! The bromance chemistry between them is brilliant and the film surprised me at how clever it was. There was so much thrown in - romance, action, comedy - just everything you’d want from a fantastic Hollywood film! I’ve been recommending it to all my friends since, as I just can’t get enough!

Score: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...