Tuesday 14 February 2012

Point Break

UK Release: 22nd November 1991
Watched on Recorded TV: Thursday 26th January 2012
Rating: 15
Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller
Runtime: 2hrs
Tagline: 100% Pure Adrenaline.
IMDb Plot Synopsis: In the coastal town of Los Angeles, a gang of bank robbers call themselves the ex-presidents. commit their crimes while wearing masks of ex-presidents Reagan, Carter, Nixon and Johnson. The F.B.I. believes that the members of the gang could be surfers and send young agent Johnny Utah undercover at the beach to mix with the surfers and gather information. Utah meets surfer Bodhi and gets drawn into the lifestyle of his new friend.

My Review: This film is proper, proper tense. That was one of the most thrilling films I’ve seen in a long while. Completely unpredictable, stunningly filmed, fantastic performances from Keanu Reeves in particular: it’s one hell of a film. I couldn’t recommend it enough - if a teenage girl who often plucks for a rom-com loved it then everyone will! It had a similar feel to Speed probably helped by Reeves in the lead. You couldn’t tell where the story would take you next and there were a fair few shocks along the way. I had a score of 8.5 in my mind through most of the film, however the ending pushed it up to a 9 as it blew me away: it was the perfect way to end the narrative for the characters and has left it lingering in my consciousness...
Score: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...