Wednesday 22 February 2012

My Top 30 Most Anticipated Films of 2012: Part 4

Welcome to Part 4, the penultimate episode of My Top 30 Most Anticipated Films of 2012, which looks at the films I'm looking forward to this year beginning with the letters J-T. The majority of those listed here have already been released this year, but all I am of which excited to see when I eventually manage to!
J.Edgar
UK Release Date: 20th January
Thoughts: Starring Leonardo DiCaprio J.Edgar is sure to have some great acting presence as he is, in my opinion, one of the best actors of the 21st century. And while there was initial buzz about this film it didn't stand up to the critics as well as the makers, I'm sure, hoped. This is probably due to its controversial subject matter but I'm still intrigued to see Judi Dench, Armie Hammer and, of course, DiCaprio in action. 


Like Crazy
UK Release Date: 27th January
Thoughts: I am itching to see this film as I am absolutely certain I will adore it. I admire Felicity Jones' work and the premise for this film seems heartbreakingly beautiful and I look forward to getting my hands on the DVD!


Margin Call
UK Release Date: 13th January
Thoughts: Starring too much talent to count (including my personal favourites Penn Badgely, Stanley Tucci and Zachary Quinto) this looks like a sharp and gripping take on the credit crunch - something that has yet to be seen. 


Martha Marcy May Marlene
UK Release Date: 3rd February
Thoughts: I managed to see this last October at the London Film Festival and was blown away by the paranoid thriller. It was hard to say whether I liked it or not but I know I was gripped and has stayed with me either since. 


Shame
UK Release Date: 13th February
Thoughts: This film has a lot of buzz around it and being a huge fan of Carey Mulligan I was instantly drawn to the film a while ago. From all the press clips I've seen it definitely looks to be an intense and gorgeous film and I can't wait to explore it.


Taken 2
UK Release Date: 5th October
Thoughts: I did not expect to love the first Taken film as much as I did but I was gripped from start to finish. If the sequel is anything like that then I know we're in for a ride!
No Trailer Has Been Released Yet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...