Saturday 4 February 2012

Fame

UK Release: 25th September 2009
Watched on Recorded TV: Tuesday 24th January 2012
Rating: PG
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Musical
Runtime: 1hr 47mins
Tagline: Remember My Name

IMDb Plot Synopsis: An updated version of the 1980 musical, which centered on the students of the New York Academy of Performing Arts.

A Quick Review: Oh dear me. What was I thinking? I’d watched Fame ‘the original’ a while ago and didn’t quite ‘get’ it unfortunately. So I thought I’d give the remake a chance. And oh, oh, oh there was so much cheese! You just can’t take it seriously: every scene was cringe worthy. The characters were 2D shells that I didn’t care about, it was beyond unrealistic and there was no point to it at all. What’s worse is that they included a few ‘issues’ about the world of celebrity and success that could have been interesting but no, they skimmed over them too. The only thing going for it is the dance numbers and the ‘feel-good’ factor but, no, I won’t be seeing this again. 
Score: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...