Sunday 10 July 2011

Speed

UK Release: 30th September 1994
Watched on DVD: Saturday 9th July 2011
Rating: 15
Genre: Action, Crime, Drama
Runtime: 1hr 54mins
Tagline: Get ready for rush hour.

IMDb Plot Summary: A young cop must prevent a bomb exploding aboard a city bus by keeping its speed above 50 mph.

My Review: Speed is completely the definition of an edge-of-your-seat film. With non-stop action and fantastic leads Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, Speed is the legend of the action thriller genre. 
Smart, funny, exhilarating and slick it grabs you from the word go right up until the credits. 
The first time I saw Speed about a year go I fell in love with it immediately. Watching it again yesterday, this time with my brother made me love it even more for being the same thrill ride the second time around.
I was still shocked and saddened by all the twists, as it isn’t just action but has an emotional core, which makes the suspense even more enduring.
The thrills were slightly “ruined” (as my brother put it) by the cheesy mushy ending. But as a romance lover, of course I loved it and there wasn’t really any other way a Hollywood movie could have ended. Speed is almost perfect.
Score: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...