Saturday 2 July 2011

June: Top 20 (Part 2)

Welcome to Part 2 of June 2011's Top 20, where I'll be counting down from 10 to 1. 
If you missed Part 1 then head on over there.


10. Chase & Status feat. Tinie Tempah - Hitz
I wasn't sure at first about Hitz. There didn't seem to be enough of Chase & Status and Tinie Tempah's style in the song. Instead it was a little american sounding (not helped of course by the video!). But it has definitely grown on me and Tinie Tempah's raps have already found there way into my head. He has a strange knack of doing that.
Heading over shores


9. Jason Derulo - Don't Wanna Go Home
The sample used in this is what makes this song. As well as my soft spot for Mr Derulo. Ever since the fantastic Whatcha Say, I don't think he's made a song I don't like. 
Some major dance moves


8. Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar
This has been in my Top 20 for 3 months now - it is such a happy summer tune, I can't get it out of my head.
Blue Streets


7. Vato Gonzalez ft. Foreign Beggars - Badman Riddim (Jump)
Back again this month, the 'Jump' song as dubbed in our household is ridiculously catchy therefore deserves a higher place this month.
Dinosaur battle


6. Ed Sheeran - The A Team
With his gorgeous soft voice and beautiful acoustics, Ed Sheeran has been everywhere recently, and has certainly made an impact on me and my Top 20 this month. 
Desperation


5. DJ Fresh feat. Sian Evans - Louder
This is the perfect sing-a-long song, and the last chorus is just epic.
Roller-skating

4. Alexandra Stan - Mr. Saxobeat
I'm a sucker for summery euro-pop and this is the epitome of that. Love it.
Escaping from prison

3. Example - Changed The Way You Kissed Me
Still loving this song, and with all the radio play I probably liked it even more this month.
Shady


2. Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
I fell in love with this track only last week but I've fallen so hard that it had to feature high up in June. The chorus is so brilliantly laid back it's perfect for lazy summer afternoons.
Vintage playing


1. Calvin Harris feat. Kelis - Bounce
I love this track so much! This is one of the most addictive songs I've heard all year. The video for this is really well shot, it never gets old.
Trip through Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...