Friday 1 July 2011

June: Top 20 (Part 1)

Hello again and welcome to this month's Top 20 songs that I couldn't stop listening to in the month of June. Part 1 begins with numbers 20-11. Look out for Part 2 to find out who made number 1!


20. Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)
With a video featuring Rebecca Black, Kenny G, two the Glee guys people and not forgetting Perry's new alter-ego geeky 8th grader Kathy Beth Terry, this song was always gonna get people talking. It has me chanting T.G.I.F. already....
The party of the year! By far.


19. Kaiser Chiefs - Little Shocks
To tell you the truth I really didn't like this at first. Somehow though it has grown on me. It's annoyingly catchy. That damn Ricky Wilson. And indeed Radio 1 for playing it so incessantly.
Lights or no lights that is the question

18. Beyonce - Run The World (Girls)
Proving once again what she's made of last weekend at Glastonbury, Beyonce is well and truly it at the moment. Now surpassing 52 million the dancing never ends for the queen of hiphop.
Riot Dance-off


17. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
At almost 100 million views the shuffle truly has taken over the world. And I just can't get enough of it! Look out for their new single Champagne Showers, which continues the shufle story...
Everyday I'm Shuffling!


16. Maverick Sabre - Let Me Go
Maverick Sabre has such an interesting voice and has proven his excellent playing live skills in the Radio 1 live lounge a few months ago. This song definitely shows that he's ready for the world.
Vegas Stories


15. Katy B - Easy Please Me
I don't know why but I still love this song. I love the strong feminine message that is so different to usual dance music. Katy B truly is the queen of dubstep.
Snooker Banter


14. Miles Kane - Inhaler
A classic rock tune from Miles Kane has dominated this month. Loving its retro vibes...
Gigging red


13. Birdy - Shelter
Another beautiful cover from Birdy, this time even more haunting if possible.
Windy Seafront


12. Templecloud - One Big Family
One Big Family is rather Birdy-esque, so much so that I thought it was Birdy at first. This song is just what the world needs right now, a gorgeous calm magical song.
Walking the train tracks


11. Adele - Set Fire To The Rain
I swear I've heard this more on Eastenders than on the radio. Whoever does Adele's marketing should win a medal - she's everywhere right now and can do no wrong.
Beautiful Live

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...