Tuesday 19 July 2011

An Affair To Remember

USA Release: 11th July 1957
Watched on DVD: Tuesday 19th July 2011
Rating: U
Genre: Drama, Romance
Runtime: 1hr 49mins
Tagline: In Italy... on the Mediterranean... across an ocean... and all over New York!
IMDb Plot Summary: Handsome playboy Nicky Ferrante and beautiful night club singer Terry McKay have a romance while on a cruise from Europe to New York. Despite being engaged to other people, both agree to reunite at the top of the Empire State Building in six months. However, an unfortunate accident keeps Terry from the reunion, and Nicky fears that she has married or does not love him anymore. Will he discover the truth behind her absence and reunite with his one true love, or has fate and destiny passed them by?

A Quick Review: An Affair To Remember has been on my ‘to see’ list for a long while because being the Gossip Girl fan that I am I wanted to see Blair Waldorf’s favourite films. I suppose I was hoping for another Breakfast At Tiffanys - the most marvelous classic film if there ever was one. Unfortunately despite the charming acting and decent enough plot An Affair was just a little to slow and cringeworthy for me to love it. I still liked it but won’t rush to see it again now that I have.
Score: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...