Thursday 1 December 2011

November: Top 20 (Part 1)

Welcome again to this month's Top 20 for November 2011! It's a close one this month with lots of interesting new entries about the place. Expect more christmas songs next month as well as my Top 20 round up for the entire year! I'm excited for that one! 
But for now have a look at what's been rocking my boat from 20 to 11...


20. T-Pain (feat. Wiz Khalifa & Lily Allen) - 5 O'clock
This song has been played the past week almost exclusively, it seems, whenever I turn on the radio. And so it has successfully found its way into my head. It may be slightly annoying that T-Pain has decided to use Lily Allen's song and then auto-tune himself all over it, but it is pretty catchy.
Night time wanderings


19. Kelly Rowland - Down With Me
I may not be much of a fan of Kelly Rowland, but due to the constant publicity this single got it was hard not to have this song stuck in your head throughout November. It may be some cheesy euro-dance-style song but it was too catchy to ignore. And definitely better than her previous singles!
Lights, Camera, Dancing


18. The Beach Boys - Little Saint Nick
At the beginning of November I had a sudden Christmas frenzy and this was the soundtrack to my sudden excitement for Christmas. The rest of the month wasn't as Christmassy - in fact it was only until the past couple days that I've felt happy that Christmas is here, so you may see some Christmas sparkle around the blog for the next month! Little Saint Nick is a classic though: you have to just embrace it and love it!
Classic.


17. Sway - Still Speedin'
This has got quite a bit of radio play on good old Radio 1 and this has been a good pumped-up driving song indeed! With some funny and clever rapping I can't wait for more...
Stuck in a remote-controlled car!


16. Olly Murs - Dance With Me Tonight
Another ridiculously catchy song which has a great retro Grease feel to it which has helped lift me from the winter blues. Thus it's a success for me!
Illegal Street Party 


15. Ed Sheeran - Lego House
The video for this made me like this song. It's just brilliant. The song itself is pretty good too - not as good as The A Team but still a decent single from Mr Sheeran...
Rupert Grint is a stalker!


14. The Wanted - Lightning
It feels weird to talk about Lightning now due to my obsession with their new single Warzone, but I also loved this when it was around in the first half of the month (In time for Bonfire NIght I'm sure!). It's great sing-along pop from the gorgeous Wanted boys, once again.
Slow-mo firework party


13. Maverick Sabre - I Need
I love the personal feel to this song: it's soulful and emotional with a compelling urgency. Worth a listen.
Driving Song


12. Pixie Lott (feat. Pusha T) - What Do You Take Me For?
Pixie's previous content hasn't exactly floated my boat but her recent single included Pusha T and with it a great urban edge that made it much more listenable. That bass...
Black leather shimmying


11. Justin Timberlake - LoveStoned/ I Think She Knows Interlude

I went through a big Justin Timberlake phase this month and this song has to be one of my favourites. It still feels amazingly fresh. Just beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...