Monday 12 December 2011

Black Mirror

On TV: Sunday 4th December 2011
Channel: C4 9pm
Episode Type: The National Anthem - 1/3
In 1 Sentence: Very dark original comedy that will stay with you for days...
C4 Summary: A twisted parable for the Twitter age, Black Mirror taps into the collective unease about our modern world.
The first episode is a political thriller in which fictional Prime Minister Michael Callow faces a huge and shocking dilemma when Princess Susannah, a much-loved member of the Royal Family, is kidnapped.



My Review: I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I sat down to watch this. I had read a review that had said it was a comedy - a black comedy, but a comedy all the same. I don’t think I laughed except deep, deep inside. Instead I was enthralled from start to finish. The entire premise of the episode is laughable but is played out in such a serious way that you can’t help but get sucked in to all it’s twisted glory. 
This is television at its best.
It makes you think about yourself, the media and society whilst being entertained and at awe of what you’re watching in front of you. It was completely unpredictable, there was no way I could predict what would happen next.
The acting was top notch and it was shot in such a way that it felt real, like a real thriller that you might get on the BBC but with a horrifically ridiculous twist.
This really is one of those programmes that you have to see for yourself...
Score: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...