Wednesday 1 May 2013

Wish Upon A Star

US TV Movie Broadcast: 12th November 1996
Watched on LoveFilm Instant: Thursday 31st January 2013
Rating: PG
Genre: Comedy, Family, Fantasy
Runtime: 1hr 30mins
IMDb Plot Synopsis: A younger sister wishes to switch places with her popular older sister and the two bickering siblings awaken to find the wish has come true.



My Review: Having grown up adoring Freaky Friday (the 2003 version), I stumbled across this film while on a ‘consume-everything-Katherine-Heigl-has-ever-made’ frenzy and couldn’t believe that there was another film out there almost identical to it! I feel like this is the sort of film that I would have loved when I was younger and with the similarities to Freaky Friday I seemed to get some sort of secondhand nostalgia from it.
However I have to warn you though - it is incredibly 1990’s! The hairstyles, the clothes, the slang - it was great! As a child of the 90’s I find it so funny to look back at films like these and see what people actually wore! 
Anyway, the film itself was a lot of fun, complete nonsense of course, but enjoyable nonetheless! Katherine Heigl was so young here and I couldn’t help but smile throughout the whole film. It was a little clunky at times but I love body-swap movies so I went with the flow. It was painfully cliched at times and clearly meant for a younger audience but for a rainy afternoon it did the trick!

Score: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...