Thursday 9 May 2013

Object of my Affection

UK Release: 26th June 1998
Watched on DVD: Thursday 4th April 2013
Rating: 15
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Runtime: 1hr 51mins
IMDb Plot Synopsis: A pregnant New York social worker begins to develop romantic feelings for her gay best friend, and decides she'd rather raise her child with him, much to the dismay of her overbearing boyfriend.


My Review: I wasn’t expecting much from this film. Mostly due to how cheap I got it (25p) and the fact that it was a rom-com starring Jennifer Aniston (which are usually decent but not great). However, compared to a lot of the rubbish I’ve seen lately I actually really enjoyed it. Aniston’s just starting out here and you can see all the potential on screen as she makes a fantastic leading lady. 
This is far removed from the glossy Hollywood movies she’ll later make as it feels much more realistic and raw, giving her a chance to really shine. Paul Rudd is also fantastic and the two have great chemistry, which really helps the film along. The script wasn’t too predictable and the emotions on screen were brilliantly human and I came away having really enjoyed myself. I can’t believe I hadn’t heard of this before and it’s definitely a hidden gem that fans of the rom-com genre should have search for!

Score: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...