Tuesday 1 November 2011

October: Top 20 (Part 2)

Hello again, this is the second part of October's Top 20, where we've reached the Top 10. If you missed part 2 you can see it here.
There are quite a few collaborations this month and lots of brand new tunes to feast your ears upon. Enjoy!


10. LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It
What can I say? Is this the most ridiculously inappropriate and yet hilarious song/video of the year? Almost certainly. LMFAO prove they're far from one hit wonders!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah


9. Olly Murs (feat. Rizzle Kicks) - Heart Skips A Beat
Somehow Murs remains in my Top 20 this month. It's just too good! Rizzle Kicks are infectious, the beat is brilliant. It's fast making itself into my Top 20 of the entire year!
Record Skating


8. You Me At Six - Loverboy
I've been a fan of You Me At Six for a while now so was a bit worried when I... didn't... like... this.. song?! How could that be possible? But thankfully it has grown on me and it's catchy melody cannot help but get stuck in your head all day.
Police Interrogation


7. Gym Class Heroes (feat. Adam Levine) - Stereo Heart
I think we can all agree that there is something in the water in pop-land as the songs are getting catchier. If that's possible. And this is no exception. With some great rapping from Gym Class Heroes who I fell in love with a few years ago when they released Cupid's Chokehold. Adam Levin (off of Maroon 5) makes for an unexpected collab that works
TVs on the street


6. Birdy - People Help The People
Her. Voice. How does she do it? This is such a calming, beautiful, moving, perfect song! It's so simple and haunting. There aren't enough adjectives...
London Bridge's are in Slow-Mo


5. Sum 41 - With Me
After re-watching some old episodes of Gossip Girl, this song was on permanant on my head for days. I bought it and... guess what? Still stuck! But I couldn't ask for a beter song to take up residence. It is powerful and emotional and... I love it!
Memories House


4. Nicki Minaj (feat. Rihanna) - Fly
Nicki Minaj + Rihanna = a hit song. Now matter how much I don't like Minaj Rihanna is an unstoppable force and it's her vocals that gives the song impact. 
Ninja Nicki


3. Rihanna (feat. Calvin Harris) - We Found Love
Now, Rihanna and Calvin Harris, my favourite DJ, that  means something really special. Storming to number one as soon as it was released it was obvious from the start that this was one fantastic song. Combined with an incredible video this song is going far.
Drug-fueled romance


2. Labrinth (feat.) Tinie Tempah) - Earthquake
Infectious, addictive, Earthquake's a fully layered song that is full of twists and turns making it an interesting and exciting listen every time you hear it. Oh, and did I mention that Tinie Tempah and Labrinth are behind it?! Speaks for itself.
boom box magic


1. Coldplay - Paradise
Para, Para, Para-dise. Coldplay are the biggest band in the world. And I didn't think they could get any better than their X&Y album, but somehow this may be even better. It's a feel-good tune that is perfect for the winter...
An elephants epic journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...