Friday 30 September 2011

September: Top 20 (Part 1)

Hello again and welcome to this month's Top 20! There have been quite a few new entries as we enter the Autumn, but there are a few last summer tune still clinging on, as well as some fresh sounds for the Winter...


20. Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts
For a few days last month this song got well and truly stuck in my head. It has an incredibly catchy melody; it's a beautiful song.
Gothic dancing in the street

18. Metronomy - The Look (Ghostpoet Remix)
A Tune of the Day for me this month, I love exploring dubstep and its surrounding genres, and this is definitely one special song which is hard to categorise. The beat is intense; the whole song is just magical - the perfect chill out/study song...
Will they ever move?


19. Jamie xx - Far Nearer

I'm a huge fan of Jamie xx's remix of Adele's Rolling in the Deep (in fact I'm making a music video for it for my A2 Media Studies), so September saw me finally doing what I should have done months ago - look up some more of his music. And I found a beauty - Far Nearer retains some of his trademark caribbean beats which I have fallen in love with.

17. Ed Sheeran - You Need Me, I Don't Need You

Ed Sheeran's energy throughout this song is infectious. It is very raw and you can tell that every word he is singing (so very fast!) is the truth. And that's refreshing these days...
Shadowy sign language


16. Delilah - Go
I critiqued this song for my Media a week or so ago and after listening to it over and over again, I really grew to appreciate. It has a great atmosphere to it, which builds to a great climax, emphasised by the video...
Paranoia ends badly


15. Bad Meets Evil (feat. Bruno Mars) - Lighters
Eminem and Bruno Mars?! Who saw that coming? But it works fantastically as Bruno's voice soars in the chorus and Bad Meets Evil take over in the versus' making for a dark and gorgeous song.
Lanterns in the Night


14. Ray Foxx (feat. Lovelle) - La Musica (The Trumpeter)
As we cling onto the last strands of summer, La Musica is the perfect last summer anthem to keep us going for a few more weeks before we plunge into the depths of Winter.
Fiesta in the Club


13. Jason Derulo - It Girl
Aahhh, Jason Derulo. Ever since Whatcha Say back in 2009, I have been obsessed with this man's music. And while some of his singles have been better than others, It Girl is back on form, as catchy as ever. (And that pesky whistle won't leave my head!)
Country House


12. Sak Noel - Loca People
This is a strange song. That's all I really thought the fist few times I heard this. But... I've grown to love it no matter how annoying it is. I'm a sucker for the cheesy euro dance music *facepalm*...
Going clubbing with Jonny


11. Example - Stay Awake
Still going strong on my playlist is Example's Stay Awake. Example is fast becoming the master at popular dance music and Stay Awake keeps up the trend. Love. It. 
Woodland Colours


Make sure to come back tomorrow to find out my number 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...