Sunday 5 June 2011

May: Top 20 (Part 2)

Here is the second part of May's Top 20. (If you missed Part 1 click here!)
So which song claimed the number one spot this month? Read on to find out...


10. Katy B - Easy Please Me
A deeper rhythm than usual, Katy B pulls another hit out the bag. Standing up for the girls, Katy B has definitely become a well-established artist in the male-dominated world of dance music. I'm definitely becoming addicted to this song.
Lessons over the snooker table



9. Example - Changed The Way You Kiss Me
I’ve always been a fan of Example, a particular favourite of his being Kickstarts last Summer. His new song is another classic Example record. Perfect for summer drives.

Black & White club glory


8. Swedish House Mafia - Save The World
I usually fall in love immediately with anything Swedish House Mafia do. This one is a little different. It’s still a good song, but maybe not as powerful as their previous hits.

Dogs save the world. Yes you read that right.


7. Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song
I think we’ve all heard this song by now. And by god, it annoyed me at first, but it has somehow risen in my affectations this past month and lands at the number seven spot.

6. Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar
All I can say is that I LOVE THIS SONG. It’s upbeat, soulful and makes me happy :)

5. Chase & Status feat. White Lies - Embrace

This song may not be well-known (yet) but it is a brilliant collaboration from two of my favourite bands. Beautiful. 

Listen up


4. Chris Brown & Benny Benassi - Beautiful People
Still high up in my Top 20, this song hasn’t got old. Still a brilliant head-banger of a tune.




3. White Lies - Bigger Than Us

Still loving this song as well, perhaps even more so for some reason. I think it has to do with my obsession with the video. Also the song is awesome.

THE BEST VIDEO OF THE YEAR. GENIUS.


2. Calvin Harris feat. Kelis - Bounce
Wow. I cannot get enough of this song. This is absolutely my summer anthem. 


1. Adele (Jamie xx Remix) - Rolling In The Deep
Risen from number 6, this song well and truly takes the top spot this month as it has literally been on repeat. This could end up being one of my favourite songs of 2011. It’s that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...