Tuesday 3 May 2011

April: Top 20 (Part 1)

And here we are again - a recap of my Top 20 songs of the past month of April.
Last month went so fast, but with quite a few holidays I got to indulge in some new music.
So here is 20-11...

20. Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song
I heard this on the radio a few times and it seemed to sum up my mood, and I think the mood of the nation as Summer draws ever closer... I mean who wants to do work when the sun's out?
19. Foo Fighters - Rope
This song has been around for a while now and never fails to get me head-banging along. Success.

18. Wretch 32 (feat. Example) - Unorthodox
Following up from his debut single 'Traktor', Unorthodox is certainly one catchy tune. Example adds to the vibe by giving it a more mainstream feel - works for me.

17. Justice - Civilization
After featuring in this Adidas advert, this song has grown and grown. Been a fan of theres for a while so I'm glad they're getting a bit more attention. It's another winner of a song too.

16. Birdy - Skinny Love
Her 14 year old voice is simply stunning and this a simple but magical cover of Bon Iver's original.

15. Above & Beyond (feat. Richard Bedford) - Sun & Moon
The melody to this song just takes my breath away. This was a big song for about a week or so last month and the video perfectly catches the heartache. Beautiful.

14. Inna - Sun Is Up
Inna does what Inna does best and churns out another feel-good, Euro-pop, summer anthem.

13. The xx - Infinty
The xx couldn't be held any higher in my books. They are fast becoming one of my favourite bands and I've been revisiting one of their best - Infinity.

12. Nero - Guilt
Nero can't do anything wrong in my eyes and this is another corker. The beat is just intense and the singing from Alana is quality. An all round top tune.

11. Beck - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime
After re-watching one of my new favourite films 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', this song has been stuck in my head all April. Such a gorgeous song with an even better message. If only this could be the soundtrack to every film...

Come back tomorrow for Part 2 and to see what made no.1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...