Wednesday 4 May 2011

April: Top 20 (Part 2)

This is the second part of my Top 20 songs from April 2011.
Click here for Part 1!
Here is 10 - 1...


20. The Black Eyed Peas - Just Can't Get Enough         
The first few times I heard this song I didn't even recognise it as a Black Eyed Peas song - which made me like it even more for some reason. I'm also loving the nod to 'Inception'!



9. Flux Pavilion - Bass Cannon
This song just makes me smile. My brother and I love head-banging to it while doing the washing up and there's no greater joy in life than that!



8. Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar                                                
Brilliantly catchy song with a soul and blues vibe - perfect for sunny spring study afternoons!


7. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
This song is taking the world by storming due to its infectious feel-good beats and the incessant need to dance anytime you here this song. Every day I'm shuffling!

6. Adele - Rolling In The Deep (Jamie xx Remix)
This is one fantastic remix that completely owns the original (which is difficult considering how beautiful that is)! Just listen for yourselves - I promise you it won't disappoint!

5. Mann (feat. 50 Cent) - Buzzin'
For some reason this song just makes me happy. This could partly be because it has echoes of Jason De Rulo, including the horn at the beginning, I don't know. All I know is that I really like this song.

4. Chase & Status (feat. Delilah) - Time
This song has blown me away. Every time I hear it it grows on me and never fails to touch my heart. And the video deserves a round of applause for upping the awareness of domestic abuse for young people. Stunning.

3. White Lies - Bigger Than Us
Invigorating, uplifting and empowering; White Lies are a brilliant band and their new single captures perfectly their progression from their first album, while still retaining their 80's style. Soon to be a classic.

2. Chris Brown & Benny Benassi Beautiful People 
I am in love with this song! This is practically on repeat in my room and it doesn't get old. It fuels feelings in me that are impossible to describe.


1. The xx - Intro
This song has been all over the place recently featuring in countless adverts. But that's not why this song is so incredible. The haunting atmosphere, the drums, the beat - it sums up every emotion you've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...