Thursday 25 April 2013

Heartbreaker

UK Release: 2nd July 2010
Watched on DVD: Monday 11th March 2013
Rating: 15
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Runtime: 1hr 45mins
IMDb Plot Synopsis: You could say Alex Lippi is a ladies' man but it is not true. Of course he has already wooed and charmed armies of women, young and less young, French and foreign. But Alex does it only on active service. Indeed he is appointed to break up undesired couplings. This time he must prevent a rich young lady from marrying an English millionaire. The girl is beautiful and the future husband a perfect match. Will he manage to accomplish this difficult mission?

My Review: I hadn’t seen a subtitled film in ages and so it was a nice surprise when I loaded up the DVD to see that it was french. Instantly this adds a bit of extra romance and quirky charm! It was also nice to see a different culture and the similarities and differences with US and UK rom-coms which I usually devour. There is a slight difference in humour which I enjoyed. Some may call it cheesy, I say it adds a little european allure!
The scenery and locations are beautiful and I really enjoyed the dynamic between the two leads. Despite the cliches, I hadn’t seen a film quite like it before and I was genuinely unsure at points at how it would end. 
Thankfully it was all very satisfactory and while the film isn’t extraordinary, it’s definitely a great bit of fun with a lovely european glamour.

Score: 7.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...