Monday 29 April 2013

Bounce

UK Release: 19th January 2001
Watched on LoveFilm Instant: Tuesday 19th March 2013
Rating: 12
Genre: Drama, Romance
Runtime: 1hr 46mins
IMDb Plot Synopsis: Buddy (Affleck) switches plane tickets with fellow passenger Greg so he can get home to his son. Sadly, the flight crashes.
After going through rehab, he decides he needs to check on Greg's widow (Paltrow). But he doesn't plan on falling in love with her...
My Review: After all the recent hype surrounding Ben Affleck, and loving his work in Argo, I decided to see if I could find another of his films that I might enjoy. After a quick search on LoveFilm I saw this one which seemed right up my street. Starring not only Affleck but Gwyneth Paltrow it peaked my interest as I’d never pictured the two of them working together. I was pleasantly surprised to see how great their chemistry was and with these two fine actors giving great performances I couldn’t take my eyes away.
The story itself was incredibly emotional, much more than I was initially expecting. Paltrow portrayed grief in a way I hardly ever see on the big screen and the way it was handled was so realistic and yet gripping to watch. It had a scope to it which upped the stakes somewhat and I ended up really enjoying the whole film.
It’s so much more than just a romance, as it got very intense in some places and tackled some difficult issues. I think it’s a shame that it’s not so well known as I found it to be an underrated film that is worthy of much more attention...

Score: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...