Thursday 21 March 2013

Analyze This

UK Release: 24th September 1999
Watched on DVD: Wednesday 9th January 2013
Rating: 15
Genre: Comedy, Crime
Runtime: 1hr 43mins
IMDb Plot Synopsis: A comedy about a psychiatrist whose number one-patient is an insecure mob boss.


A Quick Review: I’m gonna say this right off the bat - this isn’t usual my sort of film. If you’ve read anything much on this blog you’ll know I’m more of a romantic comedy/drama type and so the crime genre isn’t normally one I’d dip into. However having like Billy Crystal in previous things and not really seeing Robert De Niro in much before (something I knew I needed to rectify) I decided to give it a go. 
And yeah, it wasn’t particuarly exciting. The comedy banter between Crystal and De Niro was endearing and I liked Lisa Kudrow’s appearance but it never really drew me in. In fact it was pretty dull in places and got very cheesy towards the end. 
I’m glad I gave it a try and I can see why others may have liked it but it just wasn’t for me. 

Score: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...