Sunday 27 February 2011

Hot Fuzz

UK Release: 14th February 2007
Watched on TV: Saturday 26th February 2011
Rating: 15
Runtime: 2hrs
Tagline: Big Cops. Small Town. Moderate Violence.
IMDb Plot Summary: Top London cop, PC Nicholas Angel is good. Too good. And to stop the rest of his team looking bad, he is reassigned to the quiet town of Sandford. He is paired with Danny Butterman, who endlessly questions him on the action lifestyle. Everything seems quiet for Angel, until two actors are found decapitated. It is called an accident, but Angel isn't going to accept that, especially when more and more people turn up dead. Angel and Danny clash with everyone, whilst trying to uncover the truth behind the mystery of the apparent "accidents". 


A Quick Review: This is a Simon Pegg and Nick Frost production so it was always going to be pretty good. I’m a fan of Shaun of the Dead but had never got round to watching any other of their films, but, bored, I found it on our hard drive and thought I’d give it ago.

Right from the off it grabs you. It starts using a clever fast paced style - showing you Nicholas Angel’s whole life in a few minutes, which was a superb way to begin. It is really funny too - more so than I expected. I was actually laughing hysterically at some points which I rarely do with films.

Hot Fuzz is quintessentially British. Something I’m very proud of, and is in part why I enjoyed it so much. I loved Nick Frost's gloucestershire accent and how it fitted his character exactly. I loved how I was never bored and how many twists there were. More than I ever thought possible in any film! 
I loved that there was so much British talent on display - Jim Broadbent, Martin Freeman, Bill Nighy, Bill Bailey, Olivia Colman and of course Simon Pegg and Nick Frost themselves. And being from the country myself, I adored the portrayal of the ‘perfect’ village and the darkness surrounding its upkeep. 


So much happens in this film. Dark, hilarious - it’s simply brilliant.

Score: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...