Wednesday 30 January 2013

Charlie St. Cloud


UK Release: 8th October 2010
Watched on LoveFilm Instant: Tuesday 4th December 2012
Rating: 12
Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance
Runtime: 1hr 39mins
IMDb Plot Synopsis: Charlie St. Cloud has been given the gift of seeing his deceased brother, but when a new love interest is in trouble he must choose between saving a life or continuing to see his brother everyday.

My Review: This was such a boring film. And I don’t just mean it was dull in places, I mean it took me forever to finish it as it was just. so. tedious.
Without the beauty of Zac Efron and the vaguely stirring tragic storyline I wouldn’t have bothered at all. I was in the mood for a low-effort romance but, frankly, it was hardly a romance at all. It was all so predictable and felt rather forced. There were a few tender moments between the brothers, but it felt too long and if you don’t like sailing or baseball (like me) there isn’t much else to enjoy. Basically avoid unless you are a fan of the above sports or enjoy seeing a film that tries to make Zac Efron look like a weirdo hanging out in cemeteries despite the fact that he still looks the way he does. 
Although the twist at the end I didn’t see coming, but then I had pretty much given up on it by that point!

Score: 6.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...