Thursday 20 December 2012

Chasing Amy

UK Release: 14th November 1997
Watched on LoveFilm Instant: Wednesday 28th November 2012
Rating: 18
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Runtime: 1hr 53mins
Tagline: It's not who you love. It's how.
IMDb Plot Synopsis: Holden and Banky are comic book artists. Everything's going good for them until they meet Alyssa, also a comic book artist. Holden falls for her, but his hopes are crushed when he finds out she's a lesbian.

My Review: I thought I’d give this film a go after seeing it come up on my LoveFilm recommended list and being in the mood for something different. However I could only get through the first 20 minutes before getting extremely bored and it took me a couple of days to finish it as it didn’t hold my attention at all. The characters were very shallow and the plot was laughably un-plausible. 
In fact it wasn’t until the second act until things started to look up - when Amy and Holden start to fall for each other. 
It just felt like a film made by ignorant sexist males who just liked the idea of a comic-book guy ‘turning’ a girl straight and while there was promise it ultimately collapsed on itself. It was boring, stupid, with only flashes of humour... basically not much good at all.

Score: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...