Friday 10 June 2011

Zoolander

UK Release: 30th November 2001
Watched on TV: Monday 6th June 2011
Rating: 15
Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 1hr 29mins
Tagline: 3% Body Fat. 1% Brain Activity.

IMDb Plot Summary: Derek Zoolander is VH1's three time male model of the year, but when Hansel wins the award instead, Zoolander's world becomes upside down. His friends disappear, his father is disappointed in him, and he feels that he's not good as a model anymore. But when evil fashion guru Mugato hires Zoolander, he thinks his life has turned back round again, that is until he finds out that Mugato has actually brainwashed him to kill the Prime Minister of Malaysia. Can Zoolander and his new friends find out how to prevent the incident before it's too late?


A Quick Review: I didn’t know what to expect with Zoolander. I’d vaguely heard of it of course, so I am glad to have finally watched it. And you know what - it was funnier than expected. That doesn’t necessarily mean better
No - it was cheesy, predictable and ridiculous throughout, but it was at least a little funny. I’ve never been huge fans of Ben Stiller and especially Owen Wilson, but I certainly appreciated their performances as vain male models. Will Ferrell was particuarly good and I am in love with his hair! 
The movie as just about on the right side of good, hence the score. And I suppose I’d recommend it if you like this sort of comedy, otherwise... I can think of better films to fill an evening with. 
Score: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...