Tuesday 2 August 2011

July: Top 20 (Part 2)

Welcome to Part 2 of July's Top 20. Keep reading to find out what made my number one this month...
10. Calvin Harris - Feel So Close
WOW. I have a feeling this song will only go higher in my Top 20 over the next month. And I thought bounce was this summer's anthem! Feel So Close is already rivalling it and it's only been a week! Love. It. (And a gorgeous video too...)
Beautiful American Lives

9. He-Man (4 Non Blondes) - What's Up
OK. Yeah this may seem to 95% of you but if you've seen this and get the GENIUS then I applaud you. I just love this too much. I discovered this through Empire's 'timewasters' in their newsletter. If you go to Black Acre Brewing's site and click the 'I am under 21' button this fantastic song plays. GENIUS in action.
I said HEY, WHAT'S GOING ON!


8. Emeli Sande - Heaven
Beautiful. This, as they say, is real music. A beautiful voice and a beautiful song. 
Singing in the City


7. JLS feat Dev- She Makes Me Wanna
This is frustratingly catchy. And I like the video oddly, but I don't like the Dev 'rap' part. At all. Otherwise JLS release another annoyingly good sing-a-long tune that dominates radio play.
The boys hit the beach

6. DJ Fresh feat. Sian Evans - Louder
And clinging on again this month is Louder. If anything I'm loving this song even more this month. It is such a feel-good song - perfect for the summer holidays!
Roller-skates


5. Benny Benassi feat. Gary Go - Cinema
Cinema has been on in the background constantly this month. Thankfully it's a brilliant song or I would have been sick of it by now! I truly thank Radio 1 for introducing me to Benny Benassi as I am loving this song at the moment. 
Creepy electric projections
4. Nero - Promises
This one has hit me hard as - surprise, surprise - I am absolutely in love with Nero's new single. It will be a sad, sad day when I don't love any of their music. And what's up with the video? I am yet to work it out...
Futuristic Love Fest 


3. The Wanted - Glad You Came
I really love the video for this song. The editing, locations, cinematography - one of the best videos I've seen in a while. I will definitely be checking out more of Director X's work! And the song is even better. The summery euro pop vibes have the essence of Inna's finest work and it so, so works! Even my brother likes this song and that is an achievement! 
The sun, the sea, the sand... and of course the parties - The Wanted have it all!


2. Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
This song very nearly made it to the number one spot this month. It was pipped at the last minute but it has never been so close. Wow... what can I say about this song. It is just perfect. I love its darker undertones and metallic versus'. Every day I hear it I fall in love with it all over again. I expect it to stay around for a while longer...
memory montages

1. Birdy - Shelter
Birdy. I love the name, the voice, her covers... even her videos are exquisite. I also love that she covered The xx, one of my favourite bands and managed to make the song even more haunting and mesmeric. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
Wooded Twilight Shores

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...